 Town / 7731
7730  |  7732
Subject:
Slope Parts Selection (was Re: Information on Set 4886)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:31:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.town, Aaron Amatnieks wrote:
   I was checking out Brickset when I found this. A quick search here and other refs resulted in no information on it.

Anyone here seen or know where, how, or if this is to become avaliable.

The designer/ creator line continues to impress with every product (how can you not like deep sea creatures).

Aaron A

Who is hoping for it to appear down under

I notice that in this set, the Lego set designers have found the need for internal corner slopes. They also seem to have used more 2x4 slopes than 2x2. Truly remarkable. Why weren’t these designers involved in the design of the recent slope packs?

To quote from a related post I made here, but didn’t copy to town:

“...I’ll put out my solution to two problems to the wider community. If you want to sell new dark grey to the old fans, make a roof pack in it and get the parts in there that people want. We won’t need to mix the slopes in with old dark grey bricks, and a blue tint is fine in slate roofing. Give us internal and external slopes in multiples of four, lots of all the funny ridge bits, and you can even miss out on the old 90° corner ridges...”

Jason Railton