 Town / 7416
  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

In lugnet.town, Mike Crowley wrote: snip (...) I love it. And perhaps a better compliment is that my two year old daughter very quickly recognized most of the characters. In order, she discovered Elmo, "grouchy", cookie monster, big bird, and "the (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

(...) I can understand why she wouldn't get Kermit. He was more famous for being on The Muppet Show, and when he was on Sesame Street, a lot of the time he had a trench coat, hat and microphone and was supposed to be a reporter. I'm not sure if they (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

(...) He's supposed to be the only Muppet who has made appearances on both SS and TMS, but yeah, he's not a character that most people immediately associate with SS. (...) Kermit was retired from SS after Jim Henson died. (...) Ernie does seem a bit (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

(...) Only in the USA then, in the Netherlands he's still appearing almost every night (yeah I sometimes catch an episode, Ernie & Bert still crack me up) (...) I'd love to see a Bert next to Ernie. Would make them even more easy to recognize. (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

(...) Since Jim Henson actually did the voice for Kermit in the original American version, replacing him with a new voice talent would have probably felt like bringing in a new actor for Mr. Hooper when Will Lee died. They do still show old clips (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Dial 'M' for Muppet

Snuffleupagus Snuffleupagus Snuffleupagus (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)