 Town / 6212
Re: California Coastline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 22:41:28 GMT

I was looking for the Jim Morrison minifig reciting "Moon Light Drive" to
Ray Manzerick minifig, at which moment the band The Doors was formed! I
think this was on Venice Beach though, ah, close enough!
SteveB

In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.town, Ray Silva writes:
If any of you have traveled through Southern California, there are spots
where the train tracks are right alongside the beach, so what better thing
to include in a portion of a layout from the Southern California Layout
Train Club.

Here's a link to my Brickshelf page where I've posted some of the pics from
my rendition of the California Coastline done in LEGO when it was on public
display at a recent train show.

Hope you enjoy the pics!  And let me know what you think.

One of my fave parts of the layout, that's what I think.

I especially like the crazy surfer cars... rods, buggies, big trucks, etc.
You just need a VW van and a woodie and some guy screaming "where's Gidget!"
(er, maybe that's the wrong era? :-) )