 Trains / Train Organizations / 2357
Re: California Coastline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 03:08:21 GMT

Larry,

Thanks for checking out the pics and posting your comments Larry.  I agree,
a VW bus and Woody are two vehicles I need to add to my collection.  Just
didn't have time to do them yet.  Maybe I'll check out Brickshelf for some
ideas, or if someone has pics of one, maybe they could post up a link.

I wasn't looking for a particular era, just the many things you see (or have
seen at the beach).  So for some, that means the "beach boy/beach themed
movies" of the '60's!  I'm sure Gidget would have found something to do at
this beach.  I tried using all the Paradisa figs (and some from the
Islanders line) I could find to help populate the beach.  But the closest I
could get for a "Gidget" is the new princess Leia minfig from the Jabba's
Palace.

Thanks again Larry!

Ray

In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.town, Ray Silva writes:
If any of you have traveled through Southern California, there are spots
where the train tracks are right alongside the beach, so what better thing
to include in a portion of a layout from the Southern California Layout
Train Club.

Here's a link to my Brickshelf page where I've posted some of the pics from
my rendition of the California Coastline done in LEGO when it was on public
display at a recent train show.

Hope you enjoy the pics!  And let me know what you think.

One of my fave parts of the layout, that's what I think.

I especially like the crazy surfer cars... rods, buggies, big trucks, etc.
You just need a VW van and a woodie and some guy screaming "where's Gidget!"
(er, maybe that's the wrong era? :-) )