 Town / 6211
Re: New (and old) MOCs: Church, castle interior and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 21:40:46 GMT

Ken Bailey wrote:
Hi Alastair, quite impressive, I look forward to seeing any shots of the
outside of the castle.

I'm having problems with that - it has been rebuilt so many times over
the past few years - I think the problem is that I'm trying to include
lots of different features in one building.  At present I plan to get
around that by building more castles!  I'll post here and in
lugnet.castle if and when that happens.

Some questions for you, what colour are those lion heads ? they look like they
are either white or light grey. Where did you get them from ? (Or are they
special parts from Legoland ?)

No, they're standard tan ones - I'm afraid in my attempts to lighten the
photos (interiors of halls are generally not well-lit) the colour has
been lost.  I don't have a huge number of special parts - off the top of
my head, the only parts I have that have never been available in any
sets are:
* a few little Maersk blue pieces
* 45 degree concave roof pieces in tan and brown (4 of each)
* possibly some of the few little pink pieces I have
* 45 degree tan roof pieces in 3x2 (1) and 4x2 (c. 30) plus ridge tiles
(c. 8)
* a few brown and tan minifig heads (no printing)
* wine glasses in tan (c. 20) and brown (few) plus cups in pink (c. 6)
* tan macaroni (c. 20)

99.9% of my Lego is ordinary, some collected when I was younger and some
more recently, including some from Bricklink.  I don't think I've used
anything unusual in the castle.

Anyway, nice models, as I said, I look forward to seeing more

Thanks!  This castle will probably turn into a late 18th century Gothick
castle in the manner of James Gillespie Graham, with an added Edwardian
porte cochère, but the interior of the Great Hall will remain.  I have
plans for a more generic and defensive British castle, as well as a
full-blown Scottish Baronial creation, but we'll see which make it off
the drawing board.

Alastair

--
LEGO creations: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/lego.html