 Town / 6206
  California Coastline

If any of you have traveled through Southern California, there are spots where the train tracks are right alongside the beach, so what better thing to include in a portion of a layout from the Southern California Layout Train Club. Here's a link to (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

(...) MMM... You remind me of home. Thanks for shareing this and making a San Diegan feel better, even if he's stuck in South Carolina for a while. -Orion (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Wow, Ray, that's really cool. You really bring out the feel of SoCal in your pictures. :) Nice job. -Anne (...) -- I get plenty of exercise- jumping (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. to conclusions, pushing my luck, >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. and dodging (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

(...) One of my fave parts of the layout, that's what I think. I especially like the crazy surfer cars... rods, buggies, big trucks, etc. You just need a VW van and a woodie and some guy screaming "where's Gidget!" (er, maybe that's the wrong era? (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

I was looking for the Jim Morrison minifig reciting "Moon Light Drive" to Ray Manzerick minifig, at which moment the band The Doors was formed! I think this was on Venice Beach though, ah, close enough! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Glad to hear these reminded you of some good times at California beaches. Ray (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Thanks for the comments Anne! I tried to capture the many different things that folks do at the beaches, and I'm sure I've left out some, but it does touch on so many of them. Thanks again, Ray (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Larry, Thanks for checking out the pics and posting your comments Larry. I agree, a VW bus and Woody are two vehicles I need to add to my collection. Just didn't have time to do them yet. Maybe I'll check out Brickshelf for some ideas, or if someone (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: California Coastline

Steve, Glad to read your comments. I didn't try to model it after any beach, but bits and pieces of all the beaches along the CA coast. It was a fun project but I used more tan plates that I thought I would to do the beach. There's talk that we (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.trains.org)