 Town / 5850
Re: BrickTopia Far East Travel Agency
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:09:24 GMT

Brad,

This is gorgeous!  When I saw it last week I was in awe!  I had some time
today to look thoroughly at all of the pictures and read the accompanying
descriptions.  The architecture is a wonderful blend.  The window
arrangement and the layout of the various domes works extremely well.  I
like the intricate detailing of the main level as well as the texture of the
different pillars.  The story is also great!  "These tear-dropped spaces are
too small to use for offices. They are purely ornamental and their obvious
expense (and wasted space) is intended to highlight the success of the Far
East Travel Agency."  Does Bricktopia have a 'Committee for Sustainable
Design' cause I think this Travel Agency is going to pay for some heavy
violations.  ;-)
Keep up the fantastic work!  Oh, I really need to spend more time looking
through your stuff.  I saw your post of the Euphoria Monorail Station last
summer but was not posting then (just started last month).  I was amazed by
its aesthetic design and that someone had that many Jango Slave I
windscreens already!  Furthermore, when visiting now I saw the Star Wars
Museum.  WOWWWEEE!  It's a beauty!  When did you post about this?  I don't
suppose it and the Far East skyscraper are both constructed at the moment,
eh?  Cause if they are then you have an even crazier amount of Paradisa
windows than I thought you had.  Regarding the Star Wars museum, I really
really like the undulating form of the glass windows.  Those pillars are
also wonderful!  Very innovative...made me think of FLWright's similar
design in the Johnson Wax Building.
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Johnson_Wax_Building.html
Again, keep the amazing creations coming.  And do you think the Scorpion
Palace is worth the $50 tag?  Otherwise from which vendor/seller/site would
you suggest finding those onion domes?

ciao & salaam,
Andrew Saada

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brad Hamilton writes:
Here is my latest skyscraper.  It is a combination of East Indian and
Modern, Western architectural styles. • [...]
Main BrickTopia Web Site
http://members.cox.net/bhamilto1/topia/topia.htm

Feedback is appreciated