 Town / 5832
Re: BrickTopia Far East Travel Agency
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:07:45 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes writes:

As usual from you, marvelous. I wouldn't like working at the front desk
though.
Thanks - That dinosaur is just a statue.  I think it might be fun to work
under a statue like that.

I really like the interior details, the columns using 1x1 white
rounds are great (I use that technique frequently),
It took me a long time to get all of those whites on BrickLink (for a
previous cathedral project).  The white 1x1's don't come in significant
quantities and any particular set.

I like the elevator.
I've always wanted to do an elevator.  I've seen a few done on other
people's buildings.  I wanted to do a nice "glass" type elevator, although I
had wanted to make more realistic details like mindstorm controls and
working doors on each floor.  I never got around to adding these details.
Right now, you must raise/lower it with a power switch and stop the switch
at each floor.

The main thing that caught my eye is an illusion. The clear curved panel
windows...the edges of them give a chromed or metallic appearance that
really 'fits' the building and adds to it immensly.
Thanks.  There is a building near my house (where my wife happens to work)
with a metalic appearance with curved panels.  I think that this was my
partial influence for several of my recent buildings.