 Town / 5779
Re: New Vehicles on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:21:27 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, William Toenjes writes:
Greetings,
Now that I have my LEGO-dedicated half of the basement rec room and see a light
at the end of my seemingly endless parts sorting I've actually been building!
I just posted my recently completed 1920's Fire Engine inspired by the 1929
American LaFrance 100, 1934 Sanford/Ford Cub Jr and other classic trucks. It
uses about 340 pieces and is completely outfitted with pumps, compartments and
firefighting gear of the times. There is some *minor* modification of parts for
realism (read: drilling of a few 1x1 plates) to make hoses, nozzles and a wye.
The hoses are shoestrings, drilled 1x1 plates and technic bushing with a couple
drops of hot glue.

Bill,

I just want to echo the me-toos for that amazing fire engine. I would love
to see TLC release something similar. Maybe Adventurers needs a fire engine?

Thanks,

George