 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 891
890  |  892
Subject:
New Vehicles on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:17:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Greetings,
Now that I have my LEGO-dedicated half of the basement rec room and see a light
at the end of my seemingly endless parts sorting I've actually been building!
I just posted my recently completed 1920's Fire Engine inspired by the 1929
American LaFrance 100, 1934 Sanford/Ford Cub Jr and other classic trucks. It
uses about 340 pieces and is completely outfitted with pumps, compartments and
firefighting gear of the times. There is some *minor* modification of parts for
realism (read: drilling of a few 1x1 plates) to make hoses, nozzles and a wye.
The hoses are shoestrings, drilled 1x1 plates and technic bushing with a couple
drops of hot glue.
I have also made a couple of MOC's based on the car design in the Harry Potter
Privet Drive set.
First is a black & white 1950's police car similar to a 1952 Plymouth squad
I also made a souped-up yellow and checkerboard taxicab with exposed engine
I plan to keep building a bunch more classic cars and a drive-in restaurant
to park them at for the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club layout.
I uploaded some pics of older MOC's as they appear in the G.M.L.T.C. layout
Hope you enjoy and PLMKWYT!
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)