 Town / 5081
Re: Farm Tractor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:41:32 GMT

In lugnet.town, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.town, Mike Petrucelli writes:
I have been wondering why TLC has not made a farm sub-theme to town since I • was
about six,(and I mostly build Space stuff.)  Well I came up with a really • good
way to build a very close aproximation of my father's Farmall Model 'H'
Tractor.  This was done strictly from memory but I belive it captures the
essence of it very well.  What does everyone else think?

-Mike Petrucelli

This is great! It's got lots of engine bits showing, and well, it's tractor
shaped...

I uploaded a picture of the actual tractor I based the model on.  As soon as
it gets moderated anyone interested can compare them. I would like to restate
that it was built from memory as it appeared about 10 years ago. The most
obvious discrepancy is that the exhaust pipe is on the wrong side.

Something I wrote about the last Technic tractor but didn't post:

Farm equipment under the Christmas tree... it still happens, but it's a
smaller niche. By marriage I'm a step closer to rural than urban now, and I
remember a child at the last holiday gathering who shrieked with joy at his
final present:

"The manure spreader!"

It was the last piece of equipment he needed to make a complete set, you
see. Lego, much less Technic, doesn't even appear in the toy aisles at Fleet
Farm.

Well I know that when I worked K B Toys last year, the 2 or 3 diecast farm
eqiupment toys sold quite well.  So did realistic NASA stuff, but lego is not
making those right now either.  Well we can always hope that some day they
will.

-Mike Petrucelli