 Town / 4792
  Stadium model

I just finished building a fairly large stadium model... I can only fill about 1/6 of it even with ALL my town minifigs! :) Anyway, pics are here: (URL) tan facade kit, 427 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Stadium model

Hi Todd, Kevin has included a subtle advertisement just under his MOC announcement. In my opinion, its OK because (1) the advertising accompanies announcement an announcement of a really cool MOC and (2) a lot of people reading the Town group would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

(...) What a fantastic stadium! I really like the design, and am particularly fascinated with the circular shape of the facility. How do you "round out" the corners? I ask because I find it very hard to create anything curved or round out of Lego (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

(...) - something that I think a lot of folks with a LOT of mini-figs have thought about doing at one time or another. I like the details of the sky-boxes and the tractor-trailer entrance. For some reason though, one of the things I find most (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

(...) Great stadium! Is it based in that Japanese Stadium, with removable pitch? ;-) Pedro (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Kevin, I love the stadium, it's extreemly cool. I like the pic with the "oval track" in the middle. I would like to see some TV cameras though, even if it's like a soccer feild a modern stadim has to be dotted with TV cameras. How else are you gonna (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Michael Arrighi wrote in message ... (...) or (...) Thanks Michael. The corners are actually angled straight facets, each about 16 studs long, rather than real curves, but the vertical blue sticky-out-bits (I'm getting old, can't remember the proper (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

greg perry wrote in message ... (...) the (...) the (...) Hehe! I put those in there to fill the gap in the middle when I realised I couldn't scare up enough plain green baseplates (they've all got things built on them :) ). It does look kind of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Kevin, I love the modularity of this model. You could change the shape to one that is long and narrow just by moving two straight sections from the ends to the sides. Although, that would make an awfully narrow playing field but it's just something (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Peter Langlois wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Thanks Peter, you could also just build another pair of side sections and make it longer. The end sections are not really swappable with the sides as they are set back firther from the baseplate (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Super structure Kevin, any chance of interior pics? What inspires me most about your buildings is how they arn't facades or hollow boxes, they are meant for the use of a minifig and have so much detail tucked away here and there =)) So are you (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

(...) You need another pair of side sections so you can put a set of football field plates (total area 48x96 studs). Of course you'll have to put 8xN baseplates down the sides of the football field. Frank (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Stadium model

Frank Filz wrote in message <3D13AF81.6F3D4E66@m...ng.com>... (...) Very true Frank. It was built for a guy who specified 2x2 baseplate area in the middle though, so who am I to argue :) I believe he's going to set it up with a concert being (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.town)