 Town / 3639
  City Block diorama

Back in July I built a city block of mostly "historic-style" buildings to go on the Vancouver Lego Club's train show layout. I just last night managed to clear enough space here to set the whole thing up and take pictures of it. They are at: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

(...) (URL) like that round-tower corner. Would be neat to see some residences with those! (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

(...) These look great. The quality is alright, it's just the close-ups that are blurry. I could comment on each building's neat little details. But instead I will comment on only a few, but suffice to say they are all great. I really like the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) those! Yes, I'm quite fond of it myself even though it's a bit fragile (though when my cat decided it was an appropriate head-rubbing spot, only the roof actually fell off!). I can see an elaborate Queen Anne (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

Jason Spears wrote in message ... (...) instead I (...) grey (...) detailing (...) Thanks Jason! The rear of the buildings was going to be visible from the other side of the train layout, so I had to do something with them. I only did the one black (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

(...) Kevin, That's a great diorama, a real inspiration for those of who love cities. Off the top of your head, do you know about how many blocks it too? I think I only hace enough blocks to make a small village. George (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

George Haberberger wrote in message ... (...) Off (...) Thanks George! All I can say is, thousands :-). It took every white 1x2x2 window, tan brick and plate I own, even after raiding my "to sell" piles. As a very (very!) rough estimate, probably (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

(...) Kevin They all look great! I really like the tan building on the corner and the bank.You have captured the "historic "look really well. (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

<snip> (...) I noticed him! I like all of the details & building designs, those buildings, i'll be drawing ideas from these pictures. Josh (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes: <snip> Like everyone else I am squinting to see more details, etc. but what I can see drives home a great point. It is possible to cram a LOT into a relatively small space. These rock! VERY nice. Bigger isn't (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

Chris Leach wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Chris! I had to build that bank 3 or 4 times before I got something I thought looked OK, even with pictures of real "temple style" banks to work from. They just didn't want to selectively compress (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: City Block diorama

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Larry! Because Brickshelf sorts things alphabetically, the pictures are in a non-logical order. I think the best three for the buildings along the main street are these, near the end: (URL) who (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)