 Town / 2865
Re: Urban Landscape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:31:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes writes:
Hello,
I finally bought a digital camera & took some pictures of my town that I
have been working on for quite awhile. It has a long way to go, but I am
quite happy with the way it is coming along.

Please take a moment to check it out & LMKWYT.

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4051

Thanks

Jonathan

Very nice job, Jonathan.

There's so much eye-candy in each picture that it's hard to even point out
any highlights.  But I guess what I like best is the unique feel of each
building.  The texture of your buildings is very creative and I'm already
taking mental notes to copy a few of your ideas.

Thanks.

I'm curious, did you build your creations from some type of real-life model
or from scratch?

I live in the Bronx & work in Manhattan so most of the buildings are
inspired by what I see in my neighborhood(s) & in my travels around NYC.

Oh and btw, what's the black and gray structure in the background of this
picture?

That is actually 2 structures--the gray one is a bridge for cars & other
vehicles, & the black one is an elevated subway. I just put the car bridge
on top for space (lack of) reasons. Eventually I will have them laid out
properly.

Create well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/

Thanks alot for taking the time to look & comment.
Jonathan