 Town / 2803
Re: Chateau Paradisa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:22:27 GMT

Paul Hartzog <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message
ah,
brad is undoubtedly the finest lego architect i've seen,
but this building just doesn't hold up to his others :-(

Yes - I agree that the buildings are getting smaller and not quite as nice.
I'm running out of bricks and prime real estate!  In my first building (the
natural history museum), I had my pick of ALL my parts.  Each building uses
up prime parts, leaving less for the next.  I'm kind of doomed to get
cheezier and cheezier although I do get new parts all the time.
Unfortunately, I can't get too small because the scale won't fit in at all.

and i think the issue is that its sandwiched between two
street baseplates.

Yep - It was the only space available in the "center" of town.

I know you are already well into bricktopia brad
but there was a post a few months back that suggested
(rightly i think) that street baseplates only be used
for streets and sidewalk space, and that bldgs be built
on there own baseplates.  then you can rearrange your
streets and bldgs at will.

I agree on this point, but this assumes that you have the space and
baseplates to do it.  I only have so much free space and only so many
baseplates.

I think you would have had a better building in this
case if you had given it its own space/baseplate.

my 2 cents,

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

plus i really like the outside architecture as always
w/ your bldgs.

Thanks!