 Town / 2338
Re: Much better Pictures (Re: Just a peek at the enlargement of my Main Street Scene.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 01:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.town, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.town, Eric Kingsley writes:

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/town/temp/

Oh Eric!

I just looked at these today.

I'm sure you already know this but, WOW, that looks fantastic!

Thanks,  Your right but it is always nice to here someone else thinks so too.
Comming from you it is a huge compliment because I know you are into town and
modern type stuff.

Folks should
study the fronts versus backs of buildings. very clever.

Thanks again,  That was done on purpose to be a bit more realistic as well as
it being a resource issue for me.  Actually that makes it more realistic as
well because often a lot of money is spent on the appearance of the front
facade of the buildings with a much smaller budget for the back and/or sides.
To me using all those arches on the back would have been cost prohibative when
considering my collection.  Also one of the buildings has a Tan front with red
sides and back, thats because it was done before you could get Tan from S@H.
Of course now it isn't so hard to do the whole building in Tan, much like the
Dark Gray building was done mostly with bricks from S@H.

And colors I would
never have thought to put together -- but they look really nice and fresh.

That was one of my goals,  I spent a lot of time just trying colors together no
matter how wacky I thought they might be.  Actually my favorite building is the
Theatre thats Yellow, Green, and Dark Pink.  Talk about a combination that
wouldn't jump to mind.

Details like placement of little animals, views through windows and out the
opposite side windows, and those parking spaces... all so believable and
charming.

I am glad you like it, most of the views through windows and out the opposite
side are because I am not big into interiors.  I have kept interiors in mind
when building most of the buildings but other than my church I just havn't had
the desire to do it yet.  Maybe when I run out of Bricks and Windows...

I want to live there.  :-)

Me Too!

It looks finished to me!

Well whats there is finished but I have plans for 3-4 more buildings and I need
to get some Yellow 1xX tiles and Black 2x2 tiles to finish off the parking lot
and sidewalks.

Thanks for the comments,  I just hope I have time to add to it soon.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/