 Town / 2308
Re: 2001 Town Building Contest Entry - Minifig Museum of Weaponry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 02:43:00 GMT

In lugnet.town, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.build.contests, Adrian Drake writes:
www.brickfrenzy.com/town_museum.html

Awesome! I love it. If you didn't just win CLSOTW, I'd hafta vote for your
site for it. <grin> Congratulations, BTW. ;-) And I love that museum! The
amount of detail is great. I really like thwe way you noticed everything,
even those little plaques of inscription and the stands at the gift shop. Wow!

Keep it up,
-Shiri

Thanks to everyone for voting for me for CLSOTW, by the way.  I really
appreciate it.

As for the museum, one of the driving focuses (focii?) in doing this project
is I wanted to include all the little details you'd find in a real museum,
like the plaques, and toilet paper dispensers in the restrooms, and all that
other good stuff.  As I've learned from Mark Sandlin and others, the details
really make the project. I came very close to hanging lights and stringing
heating ducts, but since they'd be attached to the ceiling and you hardly
ever see the roofs in these rooms, it seemed like a waste of time.

And thanks for the compliments, it does my ego proud :)

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com