 Space / 6735
Re: 2001 Town Building Contest Entry - Minifig Museum of Weaponry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:17:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:
www.brickfrenzy.com/town_museum.html

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com
That is awesome!  But where are the Modern and Space sections?  Maybe you

Why no space weapons?  Well, realistically, I ran out of room.  I built the
shell of the building long before I even knew what was going inside, and I
didn't have enough room to fit it all in.  In the context of the building in
some mythical town, space hasn't been invented yet :)  As for modern, I
don't have any modern weapons, because Lego doesn't make them.  As for the
horse, it's something that my friend Brian Olmstead came up with, and I
thought it too cool to not include.  I explain it on the web page quite
well, I think.

Adrian

  Why not make a few realistic-looking weapons (or un-realistic-Lego doesn't
seem to bother with detail) out of lasers, and include a few pistols and
rifles (and include a few black 1x1 cylinders fir grenades)?  Perhaps
someday Lego will come to it's senses and create a Military theme.  Until
then, all that can be done is to make realistic fakes.

P.S.  You could make the Modern section sloping down, to fit in with the
overall design (and mount the UFO above the elevator, so they can ride up
into it).