 Town / 217
    Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Erik Olson
   "Ponte Vecchio" The idea of building a model of my home village of Kew Gardens (New York) has been growing on me for quite some time. It is a diverse lot of residential styles including Anglophile medieval half-timbered houses, bits of castles, Jazz (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Kevin Wilson
     (...) <nitpick> Ponte Vecchio is in Florence, not Venice.... the one in Venice which has shops all over it is the Rialto - see pic: (URL) Great idea though Eric. Post pictures when you're done! Kevin (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Erik Olson
     (...) Looking at some pictures, it sure seems that Il Ponte Vecchio rests on pilings. I found (URL) to have some nice drawings. Ours here in Kew Gardens hasn't got any arches. My book says there are several more in the U.S. but the author does not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Eric Joslin
     (...) It does. If you're interested, I have several shots from my vacation to Florence (which, my god, was almost a year ago). I don't have them scanned in currently, though if you're patient I can have them by just after Christmas (I don't own a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Gary R. Istok
   Great ideas Erik! Only you've got the wrong Italian city for the Ponte Vecchio. It is actually in Florence. The Ponte Vecchio bridge is very interesting because on top of the bridge are 2 galleries, the lower gallery consists of shops and stores, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Eric Joslin
     (...) side. Err. I think it's a bit far from the Pitti, if memory serves. And I'm not so sure it (presently) connects to the Uffizi. (...) If so, it's not open to the public, or part of the Uffizi Museum. (...) The anecdote I heard was that the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Erik Olson
   Thanks, Gary, for the interesting bits about the bridge in Florence. (Got to get my cities straight.) I also looked at Eric J's pictures, neato. I'm going to start a "journal" format web page for this project. The first two pictures are at (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)