 Town / 209
Re: How do you get the bricks to build a town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:07:34 GMT

I have tons of elgo,

Ah, I see your problem.  You need to stop buying elgo, and pick up some LEGO
bricks.  Elgo doesn't sell any 1-stud wide bricks. ;)

How do you get all the 1-stud wide bricks? Or do you use 2-stud wide bricks
as well?

But seriously, the best way to get lots of 1x and 2x bricks in a nice color
assortment is to buy the bulk brick tubs.  They come with around 800 1-wide and
400 2-wide bricks (included are about 192 1x1 bricks BTW).  If you want a
particular color, and can get them in your area, the Shop at Home brick packs
offer a variety of shapes in a single color (in the US, they have 7 colors of
these packs).  These tend to favor the 2-wide bricks though, with only 26 of
the 62 bricks being the 1-stud wide kind.

Based on your needs, one of these methods should get you what you're looking
for.  Oh, and if it's a particular size and color brick, eBay, BRICKS or some
other auctions sometimes work nicely.

Ben Roller