 Town / 204
Re: 2000 Artic theme = space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:33:33 GMT

[ FUT lugnet.town(.arctic) and lugnet.space ]

Todd:

In lugnet.space, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:

[...]

It hurts, it hurts!

Yes. Much of it looks like POOPs[1].

Oh. :)  Well, for me, I meant that it hurts to wait!

I suspected that. :-)

I'm very excited about the Arctic sets.  I think it's my
favorite Town play theme so far.

I think it is a likely number two after the ResQ series, but
that doesn't say much with the quality of the Town sub/play
themes.

I never much liked the Launch Command or Space Port sets
because they didn't have very many Space-style elements
(especially large chunky/blocky colored windows).

I bought the "moon car" for the goldplated faceplate on the
astronaut's helmet, but those models didn't say me much
either.

I'm thinkin' in terms of parts.

Hmm??? Maybe.

I'm lookin' at all that orange and drooling.

I haven't felt the great need for orange bricks lately, but
it might appear again if I get some ideas for a series based
on Ryu[1].

I'm also lookin' at the tank treads and drooling.

I must have gotten too used to just line up a lot of town
truck wheels to emulate tank treads. :-)

But white?

Not particularly excited by the structures built with
POOPs but I'm guessing that there's still a lot of tasty
stuff (elements) inside.

The POOP-based structures filled a bit too much on my
viewscreen.

But here's something that hasn't appeared since 1993 -- and then only in
one set ever, IIRC -- WHITE Baseplates!!!

Time to prepare my polar expedition helicopter[2] for
launching a new attemt to start a base a Centre Point.

Play well,

Jacob

1) <URL: http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Ydre_rum/Skibe/Ryu/ >
2) <URL: http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/Milj%F8er/Polarbase/ >