 Town / 191
Re: 2000 Artic theme = space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:39:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
[...]
And now we get a trans-dark-blue dome!  :)  Previously they had only come
in trans-green and trans-alien-vomit green, I think.

The original aquazone base had one.

Oh, you're right!  6195 had a trans-dark-blue 10x10x4 dome, just like the
one in the new Arctic set, 6575.  Awright then, in that case, I'm happy to
see it make a return!  As much as I like a variety of window colors, trans-
dark-blue is still one of my top favorites for Space stuff.  :-)

Looks like 6575 is going to cost about as much as 6195 did, though.  :-(
It was great to be able to get the trans-antifreeze-green/yellow ones in
2161 for less than 1/3 the price.

Look at some of the walls in the buildings, the large
one piece ones with windows in them. And what look like
large hinged walls on the end of one of the buildings.
Ideal for space settlements.

It hurts, it hurts!

Yes. Much of it looks like POOPs[1].

Oh. :)  Well, for me, I meant that it hurts to wait!  I'm very excited about
the Arctic sets.  I think it's my favorite Town play theme so far.  I never
much liked the Launch Command or Space Port sets because they didn't have
very many Space-style elements (especially large chunky/blocky colored
windows).

Good stuff.

I'll second that!  :)

I will not. - But there are _some_ good ideas in the theme.

I'm thinkin' in terms of parts.  I'm lookin' at all that orange and drooling.
Sure, there could be -more- orange, but this is still a big step upwards in
orange-ness from previous years.  Maybe next year, there'll be even more
orange in some theme.  I hope the rumors that were going around a few months
ago about orange being discontinued greatly exaggerated!

I'm also lookin' at the tank treads and drooling.  6573 & 6520 -- both which
look like fairly inexpensive sets -- each have 6 spoked tank-tread hubs and
two treads.  :)  Not particularly excited by the structures built with POOPs
but I'm guessing that there's still a lot of tasty stuff (elements) inside.

But here's something that hasn't appeared since 1993 -- and then only in
one set ever, IIRC -- WHITE Baseplates!!!

Two white 16x32 baseplates in 6575 -- woowoo!

--Todd