 Town / 1220
Re: 6600 Highway Construction/Droid Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:51:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott E. Sanburn writes:
What I really wanted were Droid Fighters--none to be seen, not even a • shelf
sticker! This must have been the most unpopular SW set, now it's among • the
first
to be history. I'm going to try TRU for Droid Fighters (now that I • realize
what
a great little set it is!)

Do tell, what do you use them for? I am still strugging for a good use for • the
big multislope piece.

Now that I have a group of 4 Droid Fighters I have enough brown bars to
contemplate the uses so far. I'll see if I can round it out to 10!

1. In the TCS castle window I learned about their use as roofing, in parallel
rows. (one of the Erics I think.)

2. Scott brings up farm fields (the plow ridges are called furrows.) I tried
this on a brown 16x32 baseplate (from 3053 Emperor's Stronghold.)

3. I think they will work one at a time for store front overhang.  Or maybe side
by side, making two overhangs, with another centered above. Add bricks till
good.

4. Roads: Speed bumps? Level Crossings? Guard rails?

5. I heard about some trees using these. Maybe they could work upside down. The
brown 2x10x2 arches from 7144 (Slave I) could work with them.

6. Very Large Football

7. Log cabin sides? (I might have heard that one before, it sounds familiar)

8. Radiator fins

9. Rather tall fence posts

10. Pontoons, or log ride vehicles

Darn, list is full, just when it was getting easy! (whew)

What I really got the 7111s for is basic stuff: 2 brown 2x4 plates and 5 brown
2x3 plates, 2x3 tan plates, 2 brown 3x3 quarter-octagons, 4 brown 2x2 right
angle brackets, and the tan 1x2x1.3 half-round top thingys which I hope to find
a use for. (tan metroliner?)

In case you actually meant the dark gray 4x4 multislope piece, uh, I just toss
those into a bag with their kin (from 11 Pontoon Planes and countless yellow
planes from Outback Airstrip, for example.)