 Technic / Bionicle / 792
Re: Makuta's many forms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 06:27:25 GMT

That is a really good thought, Corwin. I think you may have pegged it,
myself. Although...I'm still a bit fuzzy on this: The rahi are just the
regular old creatures on Mata-Nui, right? It takes an infected mask to make
them a servant of Makuta.

Yet, only the Muaka/Kane-Ra rahi set actually includes an infected mask now.

So, why are the rahi the "evil" creatures now? Shouldn't they all be under
Makuta's influence to be attacking the Toa and the villages/villagers? Or is
the fauna of Mata-Nui just *really* nasty normally?

The marketing people probably prefer "Fearce evil creatures that can be tamed
by removing the infected mask" over "Peaceful island creatures that sometimes
turn bad if they get an infected mask".  After all, if you were writing a
storyline to this, the only rahi that are significant are the ones with
infected masks that are going to be attacking the heros.

Speaking of the rahi, they really are quite pricey, huh?

Ray Kremer
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/