 Technic / Bionicle / 367
Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:56:15 GMT

It's not about building pleasure, nor is it about creativity, so I guess
that must be it.
I just can't see people ever returning from Dark Ages on the memories of
slizers, roboriders or bionicles, so I guess AFOL's will be a dying race....

Don't be too sure.  It was Throwbots that sucked me into Technic after I
stopped collecting Space System sets around 94 or 95.  (I think it was the
price tag on the Unitron Monorail that chased me away.)  In spring
'99 I was roaming a WalMart to kill time until a movie at the theatre next door
started and I saw the ThrowBots.  I couldn't resist getting a couple, and I
picked up the rest that summer after school ended.  Then after Christmas I was
getting a Millenia Throwbot and saw the Pit Droid and
Battle Droid and couldn't resist them either.  Now I've got most of
the recent Advance line of Technic and I picked up the old <set:8480 Space
Shuttle> on eBay too.  And thank goodness I am an AFOL, if I were a kid FOL I'd
never be able to afford all these big fancy sets.  :)

Ray Kremer
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/