 Technic / Bionicle / 360
  LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

Nothing really new, but a handy bullet list of spending highlights: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) This is really too bad for most of us AFOL's. I had hoped that LEGO would return to their traditional business of offering sets with more versatility instead of all this. I can see it now, after all the Bionicle promotions are over with, the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

Ok, I agree with most of the fads you mentioned. But Craftmatic adjustable beds?!?!?! I've been wanting one of those for as long as I can remember. The ads have been on for years, and I know someone must be buying the things. Not only has the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) I don't think they will gather dust. Over here, the Bionicles are hot stuff. The shops can hardly supply enough of them! (...) The Bionicles are still LEGO. Both in name and in function. You can still use the elements to build something other (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

NOOO...OOO!!! You heard it: "Exclusive characters available only through an upcoming Happy Meal promotion with McDonald's" Now we will have to buy fast food just to get a complete collection of Bionicle characters! I think the promo sets will be the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) I think this is the kind of behavior that TLC wants to occur. After all, Bionicle is about collecting. :^) ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B6FF1865.10220%...ink.com... (...) It's not about building pleasure, nor is it about creativity, so I guess that must be it. I just can't see people ever returning from Dark Ages on the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) Don't be too sure. It was Throwbots that sucked me into Technic after I stopped collecting Space System sets around 94 or 95. (I think it was the price tag on the <set:6991 Unitron Monorail> that chased me away.) In spring '99 I was roaming a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) it may be a lot more effective in selling the toys. (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) Yeah, but "the excitement is collecting" just doesn't sing the way "the excitement is building" did. Steve (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

targeted at the older audience??? they abviously have not been researching us very well all i see around is more universal technic sets, no juniorization and beinging back the bulk sets (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Plans $15M Push for Bionicle Games

(...) Older than town Jr., perhaps... (...) We're not the target audience of a 15M marketing campaign, you can be sure of that, I would bet dollars to doughnuts.(1) 1 - a saying that used to mean "great odds" but now that a decent Krispy Kreme is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)