 Technic / Bionicle / 252
Re: LEGO Bionicle special offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:25:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Ian Constable writes:
For those of you who don't know, LEGO is
doing an exclusive offer in the U.S. for
LEGO club members.  The offer is on the
back of the March-April issue of Mania
Magazine.
The offer includes Tahu, Toa of Fire,
and Vakama and is priced at $9.99, plus
$2.50 for shipping and handling.  It
expires 5/30/01.
Needless to say, this is good news
because, as I assume you know, TLC will
not be officially releasing Bionicle
sets in the U.S. until July.

Ian Constable

This can be regarded as a very nice thing in most senses, but I also look at
it as slightly cruel.  Why, you ask?  I think it's pretty obvious that of
all of the Toa, Tahu is by far the least good (Kopaka just looks so cool
w/the sword and shield, Onua has the claws, Gali's hooks are nice, Pohatu
apparantly has a kicking action, and Lewa seems to have some potential).
Still, it's not a bad offer for a Toa, Turuga and a CD 3 months before we'd
get them otherwise.

There was another item of good news on the back of the last "Mania
Magazine".  The Bionicle will be released in July, not August.  Sure, the
summer sets usually come out in July, but the scans everyone has seen say
"Available August 1".

Peace out,

Brian