 Technic / Bionicle / 2425
Re: Studs invade Bionicle world en masse!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 02:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Gyl Midroni wrote:
   In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Keith Hui wrote:
   Hey guys, check out the new Battle of Metru Nui set. This is the first time I see that many studs in a Bionicle set.

I’m not usually into Bionicle; I am a fan of Technic proper, but I saw this and have to say WOW!

Kids now get to get into hot brick building action besides the battle itself - no more just-assemble-50-pieces-and-play instant gratification for them! Granted there are juniorized pieces and this huge building is still rated ages 7+.

Draw your own conclusions from this. Let the debate begin. ;>

Keith

I am skeptical. I am old-school technic, and hated bionicle at first, but confess that I have learned to like it, and I have spent more on Bionicle this year than on system Lego this year (granted, I had 5years of Bionicle to catch up on, while I have been buying system Lego for a long

They had to do something... four years of releasing six heroes, six villainous henchmen, and various support sets was getting old. How often can you mutate a Toa and get kids to buy one with new armor or weapons (sorryImeantTools)? So I have to applaud the company for coming out with the playsets. I’ll reserve final judgment until I have one in hand, but from the pictures they look OK - although the minifig-scale Toa look to be non-posable, which is a bummer. I’d love to have minifig Toa, like the Knights’ Kingdom sets... those rocked. Probably too hard to do and keep them sturdy.

But I love the idea of Bionicle finally having studs!

We shall see how it all does. As soon as I can get one without paying a fortune for shipping, I’ll review it on BZPower.

Kelly