 Technic / 9622
Re: Super 8457 Power Puller 5 x V20.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:27:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
http://www.lotek.nu/creations/super8457/index.html

Woah Tobbe, thats sick! But it is a good way to use up all those cylinders....

Thanks! I've never been called sick on Lugnet before and I will remeber this
day as a milestone. I've been dubbed sick/crazy in almost every other aspect,
especially when riding my mountainbike :)

I hope the driver has x-ray vision!

There's a reason I didn't inculde him on the photos :)

I've been thinking since they only drive in a straight line (ideally) he would
only need to see the edge of the track to know where the tractor is going. I
would probably not want to stand anywhere near the tractor if that's how you
drive it though.

Spirit of Saint Louis have a big fuletank mounted in the front so the pilot
can't see forward. It works pretty OK in the air but when landing  the pilot
needs to come in sideways spotting the runway before touching down. If it works
for a plane it should work for a tractor :)

On a similar plane note the WWII fighters such as Messerschmitt and Spitfire
allow very little sight down on the sides because of how the wings are shaped
and fixed to the fuselage. This makes for interesting orienting problems when
trying to find landmarks etc.

/Tobbe