 Technic / 8858
8857  |  8859
Subject:
Lego have slipped up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:13:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Guerquin writes:
In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain writes:
However I feel reluctant bying more Technic
sets for a couple of minor pieces, perhaps I should investigate BrickLink one
of these days...

...but there is also a genuine Technic axle 7 in this set !!! Might be
really interesting afterall ;o) (add to that one Technic Liftarm 1 x 2
Straight and 16 Technic Pin Long)

Philo

Yup. I think this is the first instance of an 'official' 7 axle.
I inventoried the set for Peeron, and posted pics of the set and parts on
Brickshelf:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30112

Review:  http://news.lugnet.com/reviews/?n=1012

I've just been studying this picture showing the parts

and it looks like Lego have produced a useful set for once. Unlike Tobbe I
tend not to buy new sets, the last two we're copies of the blue pnumatic
breakdown lorry. Call me a cynic but this surprises me. Apart from the new
technic I think their recent output has been appalling, I've never even
bothered to study it closely but the 8353 looks like a small expansion set
when all laid out bringing back memories of the good old days.

Studless beams that are actually straight! Grey 3 long pegs, just what I
need for a current project and the already mentioned 7L axle. Where has this
flash of genius come from? maybe someone at Lego has been reading this forum?

I've been running low on 3L friction pins and this set has plenty. You get
the mandatory useless body panels and I'm not totally convinced by the price
but this is one set I'll look out for, especially on sale.

Steve