 Technic / 8703
8702  |  8704
Subject:
8431 Sold Out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:51:48 GMT

Dear LEGO Direct,

Is 8431 sold out for good or is this just temporary?  On SAH they show it as
being sold-out and I was surprised there wasn't an option for back-orders.
I decided not to worry but today I got my SAH catalog and I see 8430 but no
8431!

Since the 8431 Technic Crane Truck just became available this fall, I chose
sets that had been out longer for my Christmas gifts, trying to make sure I
get every set I want to collect before they get discontinued.  I never
dreamed that a set introduced in October would be discontinued by the end of
December.  Please say it isn't so!  I understand that toy product
life-cycles are shorter than ever these days but I would hope that for
something this extreme we'd get a hint (such as the phrase "limited-time" in
the catalog) or perhaps some guidance in this forum to warn us LEGO
die-hards (although regretfully the end of 8431 would be good news to those
selling 8431s and 8460s on ebay/bricklink for $200, which could be why you'd
be afraid to warn us here).

I'm hoping any day now I'll see that magical "available now" appear for 8431
and I won't have once again missed my chance to get this great classic
Technic set.

Regards,
Paul

PS: If the above was a stupid question:  Could someone please explain what
the difference is between "sold out" listed on SAH set instead of the set
being removed from the site completely?