 Technic / 8197
  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Øyvind, It is not unusual for LEGO to include extra numbers of small parts, including bushes, pins and 8 tooth gears (also 1x1 round plates etc in non-technic sets). I assume this is because the machines are less accurate counting the smaller (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

i think that it is actually cheaper for lego to make the machines that put the parts in the bag err on the side of extra than be 100% accurate and make an occaisional error of too few parts. -tk "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Actually, come to think of it, I cannot really remember ever buying a Technic set that did not contain a couple of extra small bits. In pneumatic sets it is also common to have an extra T-connector and additional tubing left over. Once in a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) 1x1 round plates, short technic pins, bushings, helmet visors, and 8 tooth gears always, ALWAYS come with 1 extra in every set. Without fail. I think it's because they're tiny pieces and are easily lost, so they throw in one extra just for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) I think you're right (at least as far as 1x1 round plates go). I know the more common theory is due to (potential) inaccuracy in the sorting machines, but after buying many many sets with 1x1 round plates in them, I have always ended up with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Agreed! In set 6617 that also has separate bags for each submodel there's also an extra 1x1 round plate per bag so I got several extras. Small joysticks also always come +1. /Tobbe (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)