 Technic / 8088
Re: Technic is alive? on 8431 it does + new 8472 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:48:50 GMT

I have this set on order, but it didn't show up yet .. grrrrr!

My primary interest is in finding out how that bumper system works. • Checking
out if it is adaptable to other uses where retaining 100% Lego purity is • an
issue. After all, an extra channel of motor control which is mechanically
activated could be very useful ....

I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that the motor mechanism is
the same as used in 8279
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=8279-1

This uses an integrated motor/battery box and has a rotary switch that
rotates in the horizontal plane on the top that is used to stop and reverse
it. In this set, it just has a long axle sticking up from it that you can
catch with your hand to control it.

In fact, looking at the image http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=8472
you can actually see the mechanism that operates the switch.

Huw