 Technic / 7920
  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) I totally agree! I think I overdid it. I totally agree that beams and bricks have their uses, I just don't like how Lego is making the beam 'superioir' these days. The thing that ticks me off, though, is flex axles and 'styling panels.' I just (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) Yes, that's true. It's disappointing to get a set with little or no Technic bricks in it. I think one frustrating thing about the new pieces (and I'm thinking of studless beams as well as liftarms, or 1/2 width "beams") is that because there's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) I've always gotten a kick out of how you described that container to me once: "The Bucket of Shame." j. FUT .fun (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building Philosophy: Bricks vs. Beams (was Re: Technic's Dead)

(...) The styling panels may not have structural purposes, but to me they make a Technic set somewhat more attractive. The reality is that very little in the real world is just grids of structural members, there are decorative (or functional) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Buckets of "Shame" - Near useless stuff I have too much of

(...) I have to confess that I have a similar "depository" of less than useful pieces. I have a rather large collection of parts used to teach various classes (robotics, machines and such). I have trays holding "reasonable" amounts of parts sorted (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)