 Technic / 7517
    Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts? —Thomas Avery
   (...) I finally had some free time to work on this one. I made two models, which you can see here: (URL) models aren't perfect, and are as close as I could get to making a functional model (i.e. a model that transforms between the ladder and double (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts? —John Neal
     (...) Cool, TJ! One question: will #1 remain in a helix shape without being held in it? If a design would statically remain as a ladder or a helix, I would think that it would make a *great* set for TLC to produce! (not the *whole* DNA strand, mind (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts? —Thomas Avery
     (...) Unfortunately not. Both models must be held in your hands to hold the helix shape. Also, model 1 has to be held to keep the ladder shape (because of all the u-joints; it's not stable). The next step would be to build a little stand with a (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: DNA Model Using Technic Parts? —Philippe Hurbain
   Another version, that can't get flat (ladder shape) but can split in the middle with different connection for different nucleic acid pairs. And it is rigid enough to remain straight. (URL) of symbols for nucleic acids is of course arbitrary !!! (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.technic)