 Technic / 7314
7313  |  7315
Subject:
my thoughts on a technic legend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:28:50 GMT

Based on how things have gone before and what I know about the market
for "big technic" I can recomment these attributes for a technic legend:
1.should cost <$100 us (when it was first released anyway) Anything more
than that would have a more limited market. Should also not be really
cheap (since we know that legends arent likely to be really small sets)
2.should be either a universal set from the 80xx series or a set from
the 88xx series. The 82xx and 84xx sets are too new to be considered for
legends IMHO (plus we got the front end loader and forklift from there
already)
3.should be from somewhere in the middle range of technic (not one of
the origonal style of techic sets (IMHO they are too old and if nothing
else wouldnt have the parts selection)

A few suggestions:
8062 universal set (minus the storage case I would imagine)
8064 universal set with motor (assuming the motor is still available)
8838 shock cycle
8855 prop plane (assumes the availablility of the propellor piece)
8858 rebel wrecker (might not be good one though since the 8465 is so
similar)
8862 backhoe grader

Not sure about putting flex system or pneumatics sets on the list since
I have no way of knowing which of those elements are still around for LD
to use. (plus I dont know as much about pneumatics etc)

Any thoughts? Any other sets that would fit? Anyone disagree with me on
this?