 Technic / 7277
Re: MOC: crawler crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:17:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hmmmm. I'm not sure - I thought twice about even posting to .technic, as
there's no motors or anything, and it's definitely not "technic scale". Does
it really qualify as technic??

Take a look at Thomas Truss bridge:
http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/challenge/vote.html

Now tell me how your working crane with Technic parts in it can be
less Technic then Thomas (almost) stationary bridge? :)

I'm sure any definition of Technic wouldn't require the model to actually
move. In fact being mainly built of beams I'd catagorise T.J's bridge as
being very Technic indeed.

I've alway avoided trying to come up with a definition for what is and isn't
Technic because it's so difficult. I think any model that had a third of
it's structure built of Technic bricks would probably qualify as being
Technic. I also think as models stray away from the Technic catagory they
should be described as Technic/Model Team or Technic slash whatever their
combined with.

Technic/Znap hybrid anybody?

This is just my personal opinion though.

Steve