 Technic / 7186
Re: SSPP: To keep or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:02:22 GMT

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:42:26 GMT, "Ron Sedlmeyer" <rons@cisco.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
Tobbe,

I think the SSPP contest is great, but perhaps not attractive to some
people. It's a great challenge to make anything capable of pulling weight,
but it is very limiting.

I really like the SSPP idea. It allows people who don't have a big collection
the ability to compete on a level playing field. I have a couple of ideas
on what I want to do, but right now it's a time issue. Between work and
kids, I have just enought time to get some sleep :(

Todd's competition also incorporates few pieces in the lower classes.
My humble first tryout uses less then 50 pieces I think.

Honestly, making a vehicle that pulls a weight is not a lot of work. I
think I could do a rough MOC in say one to two hours.

I hope Tobbe keeps the SSPP page(s) around.

Since it's less effort to keep it then to scrap it at the moment,
it'll stick around for a while and we'll see what happens.

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/