 Technic / 7182
SSPP: To keep or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:41:18 GMT

Hi there!

Some time ago I launched two challenges, one that I think can survive
and lead to something good for the Technic community - MoTeC [1].

But the other one, SSPP - Single Set Power Pulling [2], it's a failure
in my eyes.

Since it's launch I've got one (1) competitor [3] (thanks Rosco!) and
no more, it's now been 45 days since it's announcement.

I started on my own lil' contribution but realized it would all bee a
struggle for friction, e.g. putting as much weight in it as possible =
all parts used in some way.

Almost all motorized sets have enough gears to make the wheels slip so
I reccon most sets will be a question of getting all the parts in the
model. A challenge on it's own of course, but hardly the Technic
booster I was hoping for.

With Todd's new pulling competition [4] where it's about weight/pulled
weight ratios I feel my challenge is done for.

I'm thinking of scrapping it, suggestions? Comments?

I'm not sad it did not work, I'm glad you all took the time to come
with suggestions etc..

I still burn for the MoTeC challenge though!

[1] http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/challenge/motec.html
[2] http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/challenge/sspp.html
[3] http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/challenge/sspp_scores.html
[4] http://legolinks.tripod.com/LegoContest.htm