 Technic / 7177
Re: More new parts ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:09:46 GMT

Perhaps having the word Technic on the box scares people away. I have met
many people in the past year or so that have astounded me by telling me that
they're just not interested in Technic because it's too difficult.

The good 'ol uni-sets thought me a thing or two about gear ratios etc.
and I was six or seven at the time I think.

I've heard stuff like, "it's too complicated", and my favorite, "you need a
PhD to build it". I get the feeling that they've really never tried to build
any Technic set, or they just don't have the patience to go through a larger
instruction manual.

Well if the only set they'd ever build was the 8480 Space shuttle...

I recently bought a couple of Bionicle sets (8531 Pohatu) for the
joints with axle hole, the set has Technic written on them and I could
almost build them looking at the container picture!

Another interesting fact about said set is that the #2 axles don't
have any notches!?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the next year, or two, pans out
for Technic.

It's a sad time really. Look at model team, they're almost gone now
and Technic is the next in line by the looks of it. And Galidor will
probably sell in huge numbers to the kids and ignorant parents...
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/