 Technic / 7090
Re: SSPP power suggestion...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hi!

I'm still thinking about Ross's way cool power source in his Single
Set Power Puller (
http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/challenge/sspp_scores.html ) and I got a
crazy (?) thought,

How much power can you get from making a lever-powered creation?

If you connected a tall lever-thingie to the drive axle and put some
weight on the lever it would be forced down by the all-mighty gravity
and thus forcing the drive axle into a "snap or spin" situation... I
see a trike 8466 with the fourth wheel as weight in my head...

This way almost every set could make it through the rules... Yikes.

All you really need the wheels for is friction to stop the entire thing
slipping, so you don't really need a "vehicle" at all! Just a static base with
your lever! The rules don't specify that it actuall has to be moveable!

BTW, there's a fair bit of twisting in the axles in my entry - that's why I'm
looking at a version using the 8458 - the wheels are smaller diameter, and the
springs are stronger 8?)

ROSCO