 Technic / 6792
Re: Still under development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:16:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
With best regards from Sweden I give you the first Swedish Steve Lane
Bulldozer, all in white (almost) to make the snow photos tomorrow even
worse :) Or one could also say it's in UN vehicle painting :)

Tobbe, that is absolutely bloody brilliant!!

*smiles*

No, the design is brilliant :)

Before I clicked the link I thought you'd just rendered it in white, then I
realised you'd actually built it :)

Yup, took me something like 30-45 min. to gather the pieces, then I
took a brake and made and published the vote page for TMOTM, after
that it took me another 120 minutes to build and upload the picture.
So I'd say 2½h total :)

Yours is so much better than mine! As I said before the bodywork is virtual
I haven't got any bodywork on mine at all yet. Mine even has the wrong
tracks as I was trying a different approach to see if I could get it to work
in sand, it didn't work.

I'll let you know how it works in snow tomorrow .) And how could you
say mine is better? It's your design! Okay, so I added the light on
top and the 1x2 tile grille pattern :)

Hope you dont mind Steve, if so I'll remove your work from my
Brickshelf account ASAP.

I don't mind at all. In fact that was the whole point of the dat, so people
could build copies. I always intended to give it a wider audiance outside
'Technic'. I was kinda using this forum to work out the bugs and garner
people's opinions.

So you _want_ a list of the bugs and errors? :)

1) Front grille too close to gears, as already mentioned. I used a
4215 1 x 4 x 3 panel instead - with a snow flake print of course .)
2) Top plate in front to low, get's in contact with gears
3) Blade seems one stud too wide between the mounts, the rack pieces
is bent inwards
4) One 1 x 4 brick on each side in the lower back is mounted in the
same space as the z24 crown gears that mesh with the drive motors, had
to move them out one stud.
5) Uses _way_ too much yellow .) Do all pieces really exist in that
color?
6) DAT-file misses a few pieces here and there, like the pins with
cross axle for the z8 gears in the drive train (neat design BTW) and
the holder for the blade up/down 1 x 2 brick with hole. Also misses a
couple of technic cross axles etc. etc.
7) There is a hole in the bodywork on the lower sides of the "engine"
sompartment - or it was my mistake?
8) The drive motors don't fit on the bricks specified in the DAT-file

Should I go on? LOL! Don't remember anything else at the moment :)

I was going for a sort of executive toy feel so people could run it round
their desks or across their carpets, bulldozing things.

89nnm      nnnnnmtryyy727221c2cx6bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbx c 7 vnb{

[just drove it over my keyboard starting with space as you might guess
- the last '{' even takes a two-key punch on a Swedish layout AltGr +
7]

Yep! It would be a perfect office toy :))

Really chuffed Steve

*takes a peek in my dictionary*

Hmmm, I do hope you mean the "really happy" approach on chuffed :))
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/