 Technic / 6791
Re: Still under development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
With best regards from Sweden I give you the first Swedish Steve Lane
Bulldozer, all in white (almost) to make the snow photos tomorrow even
worse :) Or one could also say it's in UN vehicle painting :)

Tobbe, that is absolutely bloody brilliant!!

Before I clicked the link I thought you'd just rendered it in white, then I
realised you'd actually built it :)

Oh, I loved building it. I had to do a few modifications from the
dat-file most note-worthy is the gearing in the front and the grill
made out of 2877 1 x 2 bricks with grille and the 6 x 6 plate on top
of that. They kind of were in the gears :)

As soon as I read that paragraph I knew exactly what you meant, and of
course your absolutely right.

Yours is so much better than mine! As I said before the bodywork is virtual
I haven't got any bodywork on mine at all yet. Mine even has the wrong
tracks as I was trying a different approach to see if I could get it to work
in sand, it didn't work.

Hope you dont mind Steve, if so I'll remove your work from my
Brickshelf account ASAP.

I don't mind at all. In fact that was the whole point of the dat, so people
could build copies. I always intended to give it a wider audiance outside
'Technic'. I was kinda using this forum to work out the bugs and garner
people's opinions.

I was going for a sort of executive toy feel so people could run it round
their desks or across their carpets, bulldozing things.

Really chuffed Steve