 Technic / 6482
Re: compact designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:18:55 GMT

First of all, I am grateful for the tips so far.
Hm, about torque, I will probably need as much as possible, since one drive
will be used to the mainboom of the heavy wrecker Iam working on.
(http://www.legotrucks.com/) Work-progress

And I will implement 2 more drives for some winches, where one of them will
be used for the stick.
So I will need a lot of power.
About the engine choice, I think I will go for the old type, (4x5studs)
since I have enough of those.
I have one of the new type, so I can use that one aswell.
The extenders are much of the same as a telescop.
But I have alot of limitations:
I have 7 studs in with, 14, maybe less in lenght, and I can stretch it 2 6
plates i height. What Im trying to achieve, are to get 4 extenders to be
operated indivially, since this is the supporting legs at the rear, (they
are pushed down into the ground, preventing the wrecker from being dragged
down when rescuing a truck which has gone offroad.)
Since there are 4 of them, they can be set at various lenght, and adjust the
angle to the wrecker after the an uneven ground.
I have tried most of the ways there is to turn a rack, but anyway Iam
turning this, I allways ends up in to little space to implement the drive.
So I tried with pneumatic cylinders, but  now the height will be to high.
I could use the smallest cylinders to get one pr leg, but they are to weak,
and wouldn't manage to lift the wrecker of the ground. Which is a goal I
have.
I hope explained my situation alittle better,
and again, I appriciates the respons sofar.
regards
jt