 Technic / 6396
    repairing a broken 9v wire? —Jonathan Wilson
   I have a piece of 9v wire that doesnt work. However, it works if you fiddle with one end (hold/apply pressure to the wire where it goes into the 2x2 plate). This suggests a loose connection inside the wire somewhere. Anyone got any suggestions on (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: repairing a broken 9v wire? —Thomas Avery
     (...) (xp'd to .robotics- there's probably more experience on the subject in this group) You should be able to pry apart the 2x2 end and repair the wires inside. I haven't done this yet, but I've heard that this is possible. I would pull out the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: repairing a broken 9v wire? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) From what I hear you don't even need to strip the insulation, there are tangs that press through it to make the connection While you're prying it open you may want to replace it with a really long wire for those cross layout power runs and use (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: repairing a broken 9v wire? —Robert Seifert
     (...) I recently had same problem and repaired it as above, it but it didn't satisfy me enough. Connection after reassembling isn't as good as it should be. Better way is to solder cable directly to that metal thing and cut the "needles" off. (If (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

         Re: repairing a broken 9v wire? —Jennifer Clark
     (...) should (...) The trick to getting a good connection is to ensure that both pieces of the 2x2 connector are precisely parallel to each other when pressing them together - this way I'm achieving close to 100% success rates making up custom (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: repairing a broken 9v wire? —Gaurav Thakur
   (...) I had exactly the same problem with one of my wires a while ago. There is probably an easy way to fix it by trying some of the other advice here (as Robert said, soldering the ends should work well enough as long as the two cables don't touch (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic)