 Technic / 6130
Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 21:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:
I reckon a whole set of different 'gears with holes' should be made.

I think so, idlers are incredibly useful, I've obtained a lot of mileage
from the 16 tooth one! I've recently bought me a drill so some experiments
in this area are definitely due ;-)

I did that with one of the big yellow gears from the 70's when I was a kid. Dad
said I was silly for ruining my expensive LEGO, but at least I got to build a
differential, and a really neat "octopus" ride! I wish I'd taken pictures...

I also remember spending hours wrapping layers of foil around an axle to get an
assembly that let me run power through a rotating shaft. Man, I had fun when I
was a kid!

If I remember correctly TJ did this for
the pulley wheels on the blocks of one of his cranes.

Hmmm, I'd rather use the idler wheels from town sets - I recently picked up a
bunch of 1259s for AU$1.95 each with this in mind...of course there's a bunch
of other useful spare parts in the 1259, too 8?)

ROSCO