 Technic / 6127
Re: 2 speed gearbox for Silver Champion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:12:25 GMT

Wow ROSCO.  Very nice indeed.

Since getting the 8448 and realising that there is a single ended version of
the sliding dog clutch part, and that the gearboxes can do more than four
gears I've been tryign to get a better understanding of how transmissions work.

I'm particularly pleased that your one is laid out like a real one, with a
layshaft running below the input and output shafts.  I'm finding it hard to
work out how the 8880 and 8448 versions replicate this.

I think I'll build your mod into my Silver Champ over the next few weeks,
it'll be very helpful.

Well done and thanks.

Psi