 Technic / 6063
Re: Large Crane MOC --> Evert's latest creation is getting more shape!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:29:09 GMT

crane I am working on. Well working, it's almost finished.

The crane is indeed a Kobelco (http://www.kobelcoamerica.com) crawler crane.
It's a lattice boom crane, built in scale 1:13. The crane features the
following working functions (9V motors):
- The crawler tracks can be extended from 270 mm (transportation) to 370 mm
wide (operational).
- The upper machinery can rotate
- The winch to lift the boom
- The winch to hoist the hook

The crane as pictured:
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen/pics/work-2.htm
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen/pics/work-3.htm

has a main boom with a total heigt of 2,10 meters. I also made a jib over
one meter, so the total height of the crane will be 3,15 meters. (And no,
I'm not going the challenge the record).

So, if you want to know more, drop me an e-mail, or just wait untill I have
made some nice photographs and uploaded these to my website.

Evert van Wichen

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman writes:
Evert van Wichen is now building a Kobelco CK850 crawler crane on scale
1:13. See his work in progress:
http://www.student.tue.nl/u/e.v.wichen/pics/work-2.htm

Hopefully it will be shown during the modelshow in Ochten. I can't wait to
see it in real! And maybe he will build a lowloader vehicle as well!

Keep up the good work Evert!

Dennis Bosman