 Technic / 6047
    Re: New gear table —Jennifer Clark
   (...) That is very well implemented indeed! Something I think would be interesting would be a measure of the strength of a particular combination before the gears either crunch or break - for example I am sure that the strongest combination of gears (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New gear table —Steve Lane
     (...) I think creating dissagreement is the quickest and most surefire way of generating a reply, consider this proof :-). I would think a pair 40 tooths gears would be the strongest set up. I've never broken either combination so I have no proof. I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: New gear table —Jennifer Clark
      (...) In the case of 16 and 40 tooth gears it is not so much the teeth breaking I was thinking of, rather it is the strength of the centre connection of the gear to the axle. The 16 teeth ones definitely are the strongest in this department, and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

          Re: New gear table —Steve Lane
      (...) In that case your probably right, especially as the 16 tooth has a full 1 lego unit deep centre. (...) Robust yes, but bindy :-) probably my second favourite gear. (...) Those bevels are extremly robust but I meant the even newer ones, like (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: New gear table —Ross Crawford
     (...) There are two versions of the 24 tooth crown wheel too - on the older version the part of the tooth which stood above the main body of the gear was much smaller, and I have several with broken teeth 8?( The newer ones are much stronger, but (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: New gear table —Jason S. Mantor
    I agree about the 8 tooth pinions. I usually use two of them where ever I can to keep from breaking them. They're especially weak because they're undercut. We don't have to destructively test LEGO&reg parts to create such a table though. There are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)