 Technic / 5933
Re: Suspension for supercar sized Hummer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:33:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Michael Camilleri writes:
I have been thinking about building a supercar Sized Hummer for some time
now and have run into a problem.  I need a 4wd independent suspension with
good ground clearance.  I plan to use the wheels off of the Super Street
Sensation and want the center of the chassis to sit at least 2.5 inches off
of the ground.  I am pretty new to technic and only have Mindstorms, the
Super Street Sensation, and various smaller sets so I am pretty limited on
parts.  I am happy buying suspension parts and lots of plates and beams to
make the body, but don't want to spend my money on something I don't need.
I was wondering if any of you had any ideas for, or sets that include a
suspension setup that I could modify to make this thing sit at least 2.5
inches off of the ground.  I have tried to modify the Super Street
Sensation's Suspension.  The back suspension raises up just fine and is
plenty firm with an additional spring, but because of those little ball
joint things the front suspension wont go high enough and it will be very
difficult to power.  Any ideas would be a big help.

One thing to remeber about hummers is they often have geared hubs, which raises
the suspension even further off the ground. I've thought about trying to build
these before, but never had any firm ideas - simething else always seems to
take over!

Good Luck

ROSCO